Search This Blog

Monday, November 21, 2011

Nature...ahhhhhhh Gotta Love it.

So here we are in the "country" as I call it. Our move was about 25 mins north of our old house.
The cool thing is that I feel more "up north" than ever and I'm loving it.
While I have immediate access to all the places I love - Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Target and Costco (all of these places make it easier to tend to the family as well as carrying a wonderful array of Organic products) We also have so much land that is protected, wetlands, park lands, wild untouched land. The kind that lends to having some of the coolest vistors from nature.
Yesterday while visiting my friend who lives 3 miles away we saw a gorgeoud buck come walking right through her front yard all the way to the back yard stand and wait, look around and the proceed into the wooded area. Amazing!!
So far around our house I have seen Humming birds, butterflies, crickets and grasshoppers (the huge bright green ones) dragonflies, cardinals and bluejays and a huge array of other birds I have no idea their names. We have been on alert because there has been a coyote roaming the neighborhood and it's been buggin the local doggies but aside from that we look forward to many more visitors this winter.

Nature is amazing and has such a wonderful resources besides my special animal/bug visitors, of course.
The sun has been our friend since we've moved in. I cannot believe the difference in the way your house faces. We have been able to cut down out heating costs on the day the sun is shining just because it rises in the front of us and sets directly behind us. A nice warm blanket all through the fall.

Somebody asked me about natural resources in general. I know about solar panals and wind turbines - all of which I want to add onto this house...at some point.
But do we have any way to get more gas without looking to other countries. Do we have anything here in the US that will help us with heating or transportation? What about safe was to harness these materials? Of course we want the resource but not at the risk of damaging our earth, right??
Has anybody heard of this??
 Apparently this is becoming more popular and has been seen in Oklahoma The definition I found was this: *Hydro-excavation is a safe, non-destructive and cost-effective process that utilizes pressurized water to break up soil.
I guess once they do this they can get to some of our natural resources.
If anybody knows more or can shed a light on the subject I would love to hear about it.

Meanwhile it's morning, the sun is rising and I have two short people that would like some breakfast.
Good Morning Blog World...........I hope you all have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment